What’s the Best 6.7 Cummins Oil Filter out there?

For tools, you’ll need an oil filter wrench, socket set, and a funnel for pouring the new oil. Also, don’t forget about gloves! Your hands will thank you later.

4 Likes

:joy: Definitely! And maybe lay down some cardboard to catch any spills. My garage floor still shows evidence from past changes!

I’ve learned the hard way to check the old filter for the O-ring. A stuck O-ring can ruin your day and cause big leaks.

2 Likes

So true! I once had an oil shower at the DMV from that mistake. Lesson learned!

I’m planning to do this soon. Thanks for all the tips. It really helps! Any last-minute advice before I start?

2 Likes

When it comes to 6.7 Cummins oil filters, the micron rating is crucial. Look for filters that have a rating under 10 microns for optimal filtration. This helps remove harmful particles effectively.

7 Likes

That’s a great point! I’ve been using filters with a 7-micron rating, and I’ve noticed a difference in engine performance.

Don’t forget about the filter media types! Synthetic media can offer better filtration and durability compared to standard paper filters. It’s worth investing in a high-quality synthetic filter.

Interesting point about the media type, Erica. However, can synthetic filters be significantly more effective in real-world conditions or is it more of a marketing gimmick?

I’ve had good luck with Fleetguard filters. Their bendable media helps with flow while ensuring great filtration. What are others using?

Honestly, the best filter for you may also depend on your usage. If you’re towing or off-roading, choose one with higher capacity.

Can we talk about the cost? Some aftermarket filters are overpriced. I’ve found that high capacity does not always mean high price. Which brands give the best value?

For sure! I usually go for Baldwin filters. They balance quality and price really well. Has anyone compared them to others like Mann or Wix?

Wix is a solid choice, but I’ve read conflicting reviews lately. Anyone had bad experiences with them? It’s hard to get unbiased info these days.

I like the humor! But seriously, it’s important we know what we’re screwing on our Cummins. I once installed a filter that led to poor oil pressure—never again!

That could be a nightmare! Proper research pays off. The right oil filter will ensure a long-lasting engine, so we can debate it all we want!