Ford 2.0 EcoBlue Diesel Problems: What Issues Are You Facing?

Fault codes can definitely be a headache. I’ve noticed that my vehicle performs poorly sometimes after the updates, leading to decreased MPG.

It’s interesting how software issues seem to be more common now. I wonder if it’s due to the increased complexity of the systems in these engines? Anyone else feel that way?

Absolutely! The more updates they make, the more chances for problems. I just wish they’d test them better first.

8 Likes

I’ve faced problems with the engine performance after latest updates too. Is there a way to revert to an older version of the software?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, reverting isn’t straightforward. I’ve read people have had success by contacting Ford customer service, though it can be hit or miss.

I feel like I’m the only one who finds the updates mostly beneficial. My car runs smoother after, but I did get a strange fault code last week. Anyone know what P0420 means?

That usually indicates an issue with the catalytic converter. Could be a sensor issue, especially tied to software glitches.

You know, I’ve been following this thread and it’s really eye-opening! It seems like Ford needs to step up their game. The amount of software-related issues is quite unsettling.

Agreed! It makes me ponder if they are prioritizing marketing over quality these days…

7 Likes

Every time I hear ‘update available’, I cringe! It’s like rolling dice with our EcoBlue engines. Sometimes luck is not on our side!

2 Likes

Haha, I completely relate! It’s like living on the edge of ‘will it work or will it blow up?’

3 Likes

Reflecting on everyone’s experiences here, it’s clear that software issues can drastically affect our driving experience. We need to push for better solutions from manufacturers.

I’ve been facing significant fuel consumption discrepancies with my 2.0 EcoBlue. It seems like it should be getting better mileage, but I average about 5 MPG less than expected. Anyone else in the same boat?

3 Likes

I feel you, Tina! My fuel efficiency has dropped dramatically too. It’s frustrating when the spec claims otherwise.

Has anyone had issues with the DPF? I’ve noticed a warning light on my dashboard and I’m wondering if it’s related to fuel efficiency as well. Any thoughts?

Yes! The DPF warning light is common on these models. I’ve found that doing a longer drive helps clear it up sometimes. Just be careful if it keeps triggering.

It’s interesting that several of you are also experiencing high DPF regeneration events. I wonder if there’s a connection to the fuel consumption issues mentioned. What do you think?

Great point! It could definitely be linked to the engine’s tuning. I wish we could get some clarity on this from Ford.

I heard reports that DPF issues can actually cause performance drops. I wonder about the long-term environmental impacts of these concerns.

Exactly! Plus, if the DPF gets clogged, it could release more emissions than allowed. We need to address these challenges.