C4 Vette LS Swap: What You Need to Know

Good point! Don’t overlook the cooling requirements either. An upgraded radiator is crucial, or you could face overheating issues.

7 Likes

What are the best practices for installation? Should we start with the engine mounts first or tackle the wiring? I’ve seen various opinions on this.

Starting with engine mounts is typically a good route! Get everything lined up and then focus on the wiring. It makes the process cleaner, trust me.

I think it all depends on your comfort level. Some folks prefer wiring first because it can often be a tangled mess once everything’s installed. Just take your time!

True! It’s all about what you’re comfortable with. I just finished a similar swap, and I found that documenting everything you unplug is vital!

It’s also crucial to use quality parts. Cheaper options might save money upfront but can lead to issues later. What’s everyone’s thoughts on specific brands for intercoolers?

I personally like Edelbrock for performance parts. They seem to pair well with the LS engines. Anyone else have experiences?

I’ve used Vortex and wasn’t disappointed. However, it’s essential that whatever you choose fits well in the C4 space since it’s compact. Nothing should touch!

Exactly! And remember to double-check the spacing for the transmission. You don’t want to get halfway through and realize something won’t fit.

Does anyone have tips for tuning post-installation? I’d love to hear from those who’ve had successes with their setups!

Tuning is crucial! I recommend going with a reputable tuner that’s experienced with LS engines. That will make everything much smoother.

So true, but embracing the DIY spirit can also result in self-tuning adventures! Just be prepared for learning a lot in the process. Good luck to all attempting this swap!

2 Likes

Haha, I’m all about that DIY spirit! Just don’t blame me if you end up with more cables than you started with. It’s all part of the fun!

I’ve been researching LS swaps for my C4 Vette, and a common issue seems to be wiring compatibility. Has anyone figured out the best way to handle this?

Absolutely! Using a standalone harness can simplify the process. It allows you to focus on the essentials without dealing with stock wiring issues.

Another common issue is fitting the engine and transmission properly in the C4 frame. Anyone have tips or tricks to make this process smoother?

5 Likes

You may want to consider getting engine mounts specifically designed for LS swaps. They can really help with alignment!

A commonly overlooked aspect is the cooling system. You can’t just use the old coolant system with an LS engine. What’s everyone’s go-to for upgrades?

I’ve heard good things about aftermarket radiators that fit C4 Vettes. They do a great job with LS engines!

Has anyone had issues with the O2 sensors post-swap? I’m concerned about emissions compliance too.