Looking for Tips on Street Glide Center Stand Installation

I’ve heard from many other bikers that a center stand opens up space for better parking options, especially at crowded bike events!

It’s true, but I wonder if some people consider it unnecessary since the Street Glide already has a sturdy kickstand. Any thoughts?

[quote=“hayley60, post:7, topic:6694”]It’s true, but I wonder if some people consider it unnecessary…[ /quote]Good point! It might seem like an extra step, but the convenience during maintenance definitely outweighs that.

4 Likes

Plus, consider this: if you ever have to do a quick repair roadside, having a center stand can be a real lifesaver. Just saying!

Haha, that is a good point, but how often do we really need to repair on the side of the road? Seems a bit overkill, no?

Not overkill at all! Having that option available is perfect for those unexpected moments. Safety first!

And let’s be honest, messing with balancing the bike on just a kickstand can be annoying when you’re trying to do something else.

5 Likes

Definitely agree with that! The center stand offers convenience that you start to appreciate more once you install it.

7 Likes

Exactly! It’s a small upgrade that pays off in the long run—worth every penny.

7 Likes

I’m looking to install a center stand on my Street Glide, but I’ve heard alignment can be tricky. Any tips?

Definitely start by checking the mounting points. If the alignment is off, you might need to loosen bolts slightly for adjustment before tightening them back down.

2 Likes

Also, watch out for wear and tear on the pivot points. If it feels gritty, some lubrication can really help improve operation.

That’s great advice! I’ve noticed my stand feels a bit stiff lately. Is it common for them to wear out?

Yeah, unfortunately, it happens. Regular maintenance and lubrication should help prolong its life. Just be sure not to overdo it with grease, or it’ll attract dirt.

What kind of lubricant are you all using? I want to make sure I’m using the right product.

I prefer a silicone spray. It penetrates well without leaving a mess. Just remember to wipe off the excess.

If only I could get the stand to lift properly in the first place! Sometimes it just feels too heavy. Any tips?

It might be that your spring tension is off. Check the spring for any signs of wear or damage and adjust tension accordingly!

Thanks for the tip! How often should I be checking the center stand components for wear?

It’s good practice to do a quick inspection every 500 miles, especially if you’re touring a lot. Nothing worse than being stuck on the road with a malfunctioning stand!