Looking for Feedback on 2007 CVO Road King

I’ve modified my handlebars to a wider style for better control. It really changes the ride experience! What do you prefer: stock handlebars or do you customize them?

I prefer the stock handlebars. They fit my riding style best. Every modification has to complement your riding habits!

7 Likes

I added LED lights to my Road King for visibility at night. They’ve made a huge difference in both aesthetics and safety. Has anyone else made changes to their lighting?

Definitely! I switched to LED as well, and the brightness is just incredible. It’s not just for looks—it’s about being seen!

Custom paint jobs can really make a statement. I painted mine in matte black and got tons of compliments. What’s everyone else’s favorite color scheme?

I’m still rocking the original color, but I have to say, your matte black sounds pretty cool! Maybe it’s time for a change. How easy was it to do?

Well, it was a bit of a project, but totally doable if you’re into DIY. Just need patience and care!

I heard that some aftermarket modifications can void warranties. Anyone else worried about that?

3 Likes

Yes, it can be a concern! I’ve played it safe with mild mods that enhance performance without being too extreme.

I’ve owned a 2007 CVO Road King for about 5 years. Overall, the reliability has been impressive! Just routine maintenance like oil changes and tire checks have kept it running smoothly.

4 Likes

Great to hear! I’m considering buying one, but how often do you need to do maintenance? Any common issues I should look out for?

On average, I do an oil change every 5,000 miles. I haven’t faced serious issues, but be mindful of the fuel pump. Some riders report problems with it after a few years.

I struggled with my fuel pump too! A real hassle. I recommend checking the seals regularly to catch issues early.

I agree with Gregory. I’ve had my road king for a decade, and regular maintenance has prevented most issues. Just keep an eye on those seals, and you’ll be good!

Are there specific maintenance intervals for the brake system? I want to make sure I don’t miss anything crucial.

Yes, brake fluid should be changed every 2 years. It’s vital for safe riding.

1 Like

I love my 2007 CVO Road King! Just cruising around makes me smile. But seriously, don’t forget to replace those brake pads when they wear down.

Routine maintenance is key! I’ve had a couple of simple electrical issues, but nothing major. Check your connections regularly to avoid headaches.

That’s interesting—what kind of issues? I’m worried about electrical problems down the road.

Nothing serious! Just a weak battery and a blown fuse once. Keeping the connections clean has helped a lot. Pack the connections with dielectric grease.

1 Like