What’s the Best 6.7 Cummins Oil Filter out there?

I’m currently on the hunt for the best oil filter for my 6.7 Cummins engine and could use some guidance. With so many options available, it’s tough to determine which one will provide the best performance and longevity for my diesel engine. Here’s what I’m looking for:

Key Considerations:

• Filtration Efficiency: I want an oil filter that can effectively trap dirt and contaminants.
  • Durability: The filter should be built to last and withstand the demands of heavy-duty use.
  • Brand Reputation: Suggestions for brands that have a proven track record with Cummins engines would be great.
  • Cost vs. Benefit: I’m interested in filters that offer good value, even if they’re a bit pricier.
  • User Reviews: It would help to hear about personal experiences.

Some Filters I’ve Considered:

• Fleetguard Stratapore: I’ve heard this is popular among Cummins users. Does anyone have feedback?
  • Baldwin Filters: They are known for quality, but I’m unsure about their specific models for the 6.7.
  • Mopar Oil Filter: Is it worth it to stick with OEM?

If you have any insights on which oil filter has worked best for you or any recommendations, please share! I’m looking forward to optimizing my engine’s performance with the right choice. Thanks in advance for your help!

I’ve been using the Fleetguard LF16035 for my 6.7 Cummins, and I can’t recommend it enough! Great filtration and I noticed smoother engine performance.

3 Likes

What kind of mileage are you getting between changes? I heard some users are stretching it out with good results.

5 Likes

I always go for K&N filters. They are fantastic for performance! Plus, their washable design is a big money-saver in the long run.

I’ve also heard great things about K&N! But how do they compare to the traditional ones like Fleetguard?

Honestly, I think it depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re after long-term savings, K&N is great. For reliability, I stick with Fleetguard.

I have used both Fleetguard and Mopar filters, and I found the Mopar to have a bit better filtering capacity. Just my two cents!

Interesting! I’ve never tried Mopar. Did you notice any difference in how your engine ran?

8 Likes

I’m curious if anyone has tried Baldwin filters? My buddy swears by them for his diesel rig.

I’ve read mixed reviews on Baldwin. Some say they are good, others not so much. What do you think, aaron77?

I guess it really comes down to personal trust in the brands. I’ve always used Fleetguard without any issues. Just my way of playing it safe!

Exactly! But I wonder how much of that is preference versus actual performance differences in our engines.

Just remember, whatever you choose, don’t skip oil changes! Otherwise, even the best filter won’t save your engine. No pressure, right?

When changing the oil filter on a 6.7 Cummins, remember to use a quality filter like Fleetguard or Baldwin. They’ll help maintain engine performance and longevity.

Great tips! Make sure you have an oil filter wrench and a drain pan ready before you start. It can get messy!

2 Likes

I always prefer the Fleetguard filters too. Plus, they have a great warranty if anything goes wrong. Has anyone had issues with aftermarket filters?

I had a bad experience with an aftermarket filter once. It caused a leak. Stick with OEM or reputable brands!

When changing the oil filter, don’t forget to lubricate the rubber O-ring with oil before installation. This helps to create a proper seal and avoids leaks.

Absolutely! And always tighten it hand-tight only; over-tightening can cause damage!

6 Likes

What tools do you all recommend for the best oil filter change? I’m new to this and could use some guidance! A checklist would be awesome.