What are the Dodge Hellcat's 1/4 Mile Times?

I’ve been really curious about the performance metrics of the Dodge Hellcat, especially its quarter-mile time. I’ve heard a lot of great things about this beast, but I want to get a clearer picture of its acceleration capabilities.

Performance Specs

1. Engine Power: The Hellcat is known for its supercharged HEMI V8, but how does it translate into quarter-mile performance?
  2. Official Times: I’ve seen various reports, but what’s the general consensus on its 1/4 mile time? 11 seconds? 10 seconds?
  3. Racing Experience: For those who have taken their Hellcats to the strip, what kind of times are you hitting? Are there particular mods that made a significant difference?

Comparisons with Other Cars

• How does the Hellcat stack up against other high-performance cars in its class?
  • I’m particularly interested in comparisons with the likes of the Camaro ZL1 and the Challenger Redeye.

Driving Factors

• How do conditions like weather and tires affect your times? Knowing what you experienced can really help others prep their rides for racing.

I’m hoping to gather some insights from real-world experiences and possibly learn tips on how to maximize performance at the track. Any feedback or anecdotal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

The Dodge Hellcat typically runs a 1/4 mile in around 10.8 seconds stock, thanks to its supercharged 6.2L HEMI V8 which puts out 707 hp. Weight plays a huge role too, weighing in at about 4,500 lbs.

That’s impressive! Has anyone here tried any performance mods to lower those times? I’m curious about cold air intakes or exhausts.

2 Likes

Mods definitely help! Simple changes like a cat-back exhaust or a tune can shave off a few tenths. Some folks managed to hit the 10.5s range with just those adjustments.

4 Likes

Weight reduction is key too. Removing back seats or racing tires can make a noticeable difference. Every little bit counts in the 1/4 mile!

2 Likes

What about supercharger upgrades? Is it worth it for the added cost?

Supercharger upgrades can push horsepower into the 800+ range! It will significantly impact your times but the cost can be steep. Make sure you have supporting mods too.

Has anyone run their Hellcat on a track with full weight? I’m curious about the times and whether the weight reduction really makes a difference in real-world scenarios.

I have! With my 4,500 lb weight, the best I could manage was about 11.3 seconds. It’s a fun challenge though!

I wonder how much the driver plays into the 1/4 mile times. I mean, can a good driver really make that much difference compared to the car specs?

8 Likes

Driver skill is huge! A pro can probably knock off a few tenths just from launching better and managing shifts perfectly. It’s all about practice.

For sure! But let’s be honest, no one wants to admit a slower time is just them missing the launch!

I’m really curious about this too! I’ve heard some incredible stories about Hellcats on the strip. Can anyone share their best quarter-mile times?

5 Likes

I’ve run a 10.8 at the track on a good day with my Hellcat. It was super exciting! Street performance is definitely different though.

That’s awesome, john02! I clocked in a 11.2 on the street with mine, but I think the heat was affecting my times. What’s the best temp for a good run?

3 Likes

I prefer the track for consistency. My best is 10.5 but on the street, I’ve seen low 11s. Anyone have tips for street racing?

Stay safe and know your local laws! That said, launching at the right RPM is crucial. Practice is key!

I’ve only raced at the track. My best is 11.0 but outside of that, I keep it easy. Street racing can be risky, folks! Stay smart.

Wise words! I totally agree, especially considering I’ve had close calls myself.

Is there a difference in tire performance on the track vs. the street? I wonder if that’s affecting the times.