Trakmotive CV Axle Review - Are They Worth It?

Overview of Trakmotive CV Axles

I’ve been doing some research on Trakmotive CV axles lately and wanted to share my thoughts along with some insights I’ve gathered from fellow users. As many of us know, CV axles play a crucial role in the overall performance of our vehicles, especially when it comes to power transfer and smooth driving experience. Given this, the choice of brand can make a significant difference.

Performance and Durability

From what I’ve read, Trakmotive seems to have a decent reputation, but I’d love to hear more personal experiences.

• Performance: Users have noted that Trakmotive axles generally provide a good amount of torque and smooth handling. Many report a noticeable difference when upgrading from stock axles.
  • Durability: Several posts highlighted that these axles hold up well even in rough driving conditions, but I’ve encountered some mixed reviews regarding their longevity.

User Experiences

A few users have shared that they installed Trakmotive axles on their vehicles, and the feedback varies:

• Positive:

• One user mentioned that after a year of use, they experienced no issues even during winter driving.
    • Another user stated that installation was straightforward with no fitment problems.
  • Negative:

• Some pointed out that they faced some vibration at high speeds, which could indicate a misalignment or imbalance issue.
    • A user mentioned having to replace them sooner than expected, which raises concerns about their longevity compared to more established brands.

Comparing with Other Brands

When considering these axles, it might be beneficial to compare them with other popular brands like Cardone or ACDelco. While Trakmotive seems to offer competitive pricing, their performance relative to price is still up for debate. Has anyone had direct experience comparing these brands?

Conclusion

Overall, I’m torn. I see definite pros and cons, but it’s hard to make a decision without more comprehensive feedback from others. If you’ve used Trakmotive CV axles, please share your review! How do they compare with others you’ve tried? It would be great to gather insights to help potential buyers like ourselves in making an informed decision!

2 Likes

I’ve been using Trakmotive CV axles on my Honda Accord for about six months now. They’re performing well – no vibrations or noises at all! Definitely worth considering.

That’s good to hear! I was worried about vibrations. Do you drive in rough conditions often?

I had Trakmotive CV axles on my Jeep during some off-roading trips, and they held up surprisingly well. No issues through mud or rocks!

6 Likes

I’ve had mixed experiences. My last set of Trakmotive axles on a truck failed after a year. It seems like they can be hit or miss. Has anyone else noticed this variability?

That sounds disheartening. I wonder if the problem could be due to installation errors or specific vehicle types.

That’s awesome! I’m considering them for my Civic. How’s the overall noise level during standard driving?

Well, Trakmotive axles don’t make any funny sounds in my car! Just hope they don’t turn into a pair of noisemakers later on. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Glad to hear you’re happy with them, but I agree with fosterpeter. I had two pairs last over three years each, but the third set was toast in less than a year. Strangely inconsistent.

1 Like

That’s so true! Maybe they have different manufacturers? I’d be curious to find out how they match up to competitors.

Honestly, if you can get them at a decent price, give them a try. Worst case scenario, you have a fun story about that one time your axles went rogue!

Haha, good point, uowens! I’ve had my share of ‘fun stories’ with car parts. But I’ll take performance over drama any day. Still debating whether to go for it.

I’ve been using Trakmotive CV axles for a few months now, and I must say they are surprisingly durable. Installation was straightforward, but I recommend having a second pair of hands to help with alignment.

That’s great to hear! I was worried about the alignment, but I’m glad to know it’s manageable with help. Did you have any specific issues during the installation?

3 Likes

I agree with carlsonjeffrey on the installation help. I found that the instructions were clear, but reinserting the axles was a bit tricky. Overall, I’m pleased with their performance—no noticeable vibrations.

Glad to hear you’re satisfied with their performance! That’s something I’m really looking forward to. Just how long did the installation take you?

Installation took me about 3 hours with breaks. Definitely could’ve been quicker! Patience is key, especially with the bolts. I also used some grease for better fitting.

3 Likes

Good tip on the grease! I’ve read mixed reviews about the performance durability. Anyone else faced any long-term issues?

Overall, I’ve had no long-term issues with Trakmotive axles in my SUV. Just a bit of wear but nothing that raised a red flag. They’ve held up well in various weather conditions.

Sounds positive, but I did hear from a friend that his axle made odd noises after a few months. I wonder if it’s a quality control issue? Has anyone else experienced this?