Looking for the Best Street Bob Rear Fender Kit - Any Recommendations?

I’m in the market for a rear fender kit for my Harley-Davidson Street Bob, and I could really use some advice. I’ve been thinking about changing up the look of my bike while also addressing a few functionality issues.

What I’m Looking For

• Quality Parts: I want something durable that can withstand the elements and regular use.
  • Aesthetic Appeal: The rear fender is a focal point, so it needs to look good!
  • Ease of Installation: I’m not a master mechanic, so I’m hoping for something that isn’t too complicated to put on.

Questions I Have

• What brands do you recommend? I’ve heard of a few but would love to get insights from fellow riders.
  • Any tips for installation? If you’ve done this before, what should I watch out for?
  • Compatibility Issues: Are there specific kits that fit the 2021 model better than others?

Budget

I’m hoping to stay under $300 if possible, but I’m open to spending more for better quality or features.

If anyone has experience with different kits or knows where I can find a good deal, your input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

7 Likes

I recently installed a rear fender kit on my Street Bob, and I learned a lot! You’ll need a good set of hand tools, including wrenches, a socket set, and a torque wrench. Make sure to read the instructions carefully!

Sounds like you had a productive time! If you don’t mind sharing, what were some common mistakes you faced during the installation?

It’s crucial to avoid over-tightening the bolts on the fender; it can crack the plastic or bend the metal. I’d also suggest having an extra pair of hands to help hold things in place while you work.

1 Like

Great tip! I remember over-tightening once and it turned into a nightmare! So, what’s the best tool for aligning the fender before tightening?

I recommend using a level or even a measuring tape to line things up properly. It helps prevent any tilting once it’s installed. Also, keep a good lighting setup; you don’t want to miss any steps because of poor visibility.

Great advice! Installing a rear fender isn’t something you want to rush. What tools do you think are the most essential that people might overlook?

3 Likes

A lot of folks forget about dielectric grease for the wiring connections. It prevents corrosion and makes sure your lights work properly after installation. Oh, and a good jack or stand is essential too!

Wow, I never thought about that! Thanks. Is there a particular kit you’d recommend that is user-friendly for beginners?

I found the Custom Dynamics kit to be very beginner-friendly. It comes with clear instructions, plus all the necessary hardware. Just remember that practice makes perfect, so don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t go right the first time!

That’s so true! I always end up learning something new with every project. Anyone have a funny installation story to share?

Once, I accidentally dropped a bolt and heard it roll away. I spent half an hour searching, only to find it stuck to the side of my shoe! Talk about a blooper moment!

That’s hilarious! I can totally relate to losing small parts. What’s everyone’s thoughts on paint versus powder coating for the fender?

I prefer powder coating; it’s more durable and resists chips and scratches much better than paint. It might cost a bit more, but it’s worth the investment in the long run!

I’ve been looking into rear fender kits too! I’ve heard great things about the Arlen Ness options. They seem pretty durable and stylish. Anyone else tried those?

I’ve used the Arlen Ness fender, and I love the way it looks on my Street Bob! It’s sturdy and easy to install. Definitely a top choice in my book.

I recommend checking out the V-Twin Manufacturing fender kit too. It’s a bit pricier, but the quality is unparalleled. It’s made from good steel and holds up well under all conditions.

That sounds interesting! Has anyone had experience with the installation process? I’m not super handy, and I’m wondering if it’s a DIY job.

Installation is fairly straightforward! Just make sure to have the right tools. The V-Twin kit comes with good instructions, so you shouldn’t have issues.

5 Likes

I personally prefer the sleek look of Rinehart Racing fenders. They offer a unique design that really turns heads, and I’ve found them to be pretty reliable.

1 Like