Looking for Feedback on Flowmaster 1 in 2 Out Mufflers

The fitment was mostly good, but I had to trim a bit of the pipes to get everything lined up perfectly. A little patience goes a long way. Tools needed were pretty minimal!

4 Likes

Good to know! Was there anything you would recommend having on hand beforehand, just in case?

I’d recommend an impact wrench if you’ve got one! It really speeds things up. Overall, I’d rate the difficulty about a 5 out of 10 for your average DIY enthusiast.

3 Likes

Sounds manageable! How’s the sound quality after the installation? Any noticeable drone inside the car?

The sound is fantastic! A nice deep rumble without the obnoxious drone. You can definitely hear it, but it’s pleasant on the highway, not annoying at all.

That’s a relief! I was worried about the drone. Any tips for first-time installers to keep things smooth?

Definitely start with everything loosened up. Go slow and make sure all your hangers are properly aligned before tightening. It’ll save you headaches later!

8 Likes

Or just hire a professional! I find it way less stressful to watch someone else deal with it. Anyone else feel the same way?

1 Like

That’s a fair point, but isn’t it part of the fun to do it yourself? I mean, who doesn’t love a little sweat equity?

Sweat equity, sure, but not when I can avoid swearing under the car! It’s all about balance, right? :joy:

5 Likes

Haha, exactly! I spent half my time just cursing the bolts! I guess patience truly is a virtue with these installs.

Cursing aside, I’m looking forward to giving it a try. Has anyone had any issues with the durability of the Flowmaster mufflers?

So far, so good for me! I’ve had mine on for a few months without any signs of rust or wear. Hoping to get a few years out of them.

8 Likes

Sounds promising! I’ll definitely give it a try then. Thanks for all the insights everyone!

1 Like

I’ve had my Flowmaster 1 in 2 out muffler for about a year now, and I think the build quality is top-notch compared to others like MagnaFlow. It’s sturdy and has held up well in various weather conditions.

3 Likes

I agree! The sound is aggressive, especially when compared to the quieter options out there. It adds a nice rumble without being obnoxious.

I’ve installed several different brands, and the Flowmaster definitely stands out in terms of sound characteristics. It has that classic muscle car tone that really makes a difference on the road.

Totally! I did a comparison video and the Flowmaster won hands down for sound quality. I was genuinely surprised at how many people prefer it to Borla or other systems.

Pricing is also important. I found the Flowmaster to be competitively priced, especially considering the quality. It seems to be a pretty good investment for anyone looking for long-lasting performance.

To add to that, many users report high satisfaction with the Flowmaster. I often read reviews where people mention it’s not only about the sound but also the noticeable gain in performance.

1 Like