Looking for Feedback on Flowmaster 1 in 2 Out Mufflers

Seeking Expert Opinions on Flowmaster 1 in 2 Out

Hey fellow car enthusiasts!

I’ve been diving deep into exhaust systems lately and I keep coming across the Flowmaster 1 in 2 out mufflers. I’m planning to upgrade my vehicle’s exhaust setup and I’m particularly interested in what this specific model can offer. I thought it would be great to gather some feedback or reviews from anyone who has experience with these particular mufflers.

Performance:

• How do they perform in terms of sound and flow?
  • Does anyone have any dyno results or personal anecdotes?
  • How do they compare to other brands or models that you might have used?

Installation:

• For those who have installed them, how straightforward was the process?
  • Any special tools or know-how required?
  • Tips for achieving the best sound?

Overall Experience:

• Would you recommend this muffler to a friend?
  • Any long-term reliability issues I should be aware of?

I’d love to hear your thoughts and any insights you might have. If you have links to related discussions or resources, feel free to share! Looking forward to the feedback.

Cheers!

I’ve been running the Flowmaster 1 in 2 out on my truck for about a year now. The sound is fantastic—deep and aggressive! I’ve noticed a slight improvement in horsepower, but the real difference is in how much fun it is to drive!

7 Likes

I totally agree! The sound really does elevate the driving experience. However, I did notice a marginal drop in fuel economy—about 1-2 MPG from my usual numbers.

6 Likes

Has anyone else experienced a drop in fuel economy? I heard mixed reviews on that. I’m leaning towards getting this setup for my car.

5 Likes

I actually gained a few MPG! Maybe it’s a tuning thing? I have a modified engine that seems to love this exhaust. Plus, the power increase has been noticeable—especially at higher RPMs.

Interesting point! My engine is pretty stock, so that might explain our differing experiences. What’s your setup like?

I’ve got headers and a cold air intake along with the Flowmaster, so it’s pretty optimized. You might want to consider tuning if you go for it.

6 Likes

What about drone at highway speeds? I’ve read mixed reviews about that with the Flowmaster system.

7 Likes

I’ve had some drone in my truck, especially at 2000-2500 RPM. It’s not unbearable, but you definitely notice it on longer drives.

I don’t mind the drone; I think it adds character! Just part of the package for getting that aggressive sound!

Haha, character is a nice way to put it. Do you think the drone decreases over time?

From what I’ve experienced, it stays pretty consistent. Maybe slight changes as the muffler breaks in, but not much. Think of it as your car’s new voice!

I’m curious about the installation process. Is it straightforward?

Pretty straightforward! If you have basic tools and some experience, you should be fine. Just make sure to have a friend to help with lifting things.

Useful tip! I always struggle with heavier parts alone. Thanks for the advice!

I think I might just go ahead and get these installed. If it doesn’t work out, at least I’ll have an amazing sound!

Exactly! Worst-case scenario, you have a blast while driving. Nothing wrong with that!

I love how we all have our different experiences with the Flowmaster. That’s what makes sharing so much fun, right?

I recently installed the Flowmaster 1 in 2 out system, and I found the installation pretty straightforward! Just make sure you have a decent set of wrenches and a sawzall or pipe cutter. Definitely a DIY-friendly project!

That’s great to hear, vanessa46! Did you experience any fitment issues during the install? I’ve heard mixed reviews about that.

7 Likes