Looking for Feedback on 2007 CVO Road King

Introduction

I’ve been eyeing the 2007 CVO Road King for a while now and I’m curious to hear what you all think about this bike. I’m considering making a purchase and would love some feedback!

Specifications & Features

The 2007 CVO Road King is known for its stunning design and hefty performance. Here are some of its key features:

• Engine: 110 cubic inch Screamin’ Eagle V-Twin
  • Torque: 115 ft-lb @ 3500 RPM
  • Transmission: 6-speed Cruise Drive
  • Brakes: Anti-lock braking system (ABS)

Do these specs hold up in real-world riding?

Customization Options

I’ve seen some pretty wild customizations on this model. If anyone has modified their Road King, what upgrades did you go for? Is there a specific aftermarket part you highly recommend?

Reviews & Comparisons

How does the 2007 CVO Road King compare to other models in the same year or even the newer models? What should I lookout for?

Maintenance & Parts

For those of you who own this bike, how is maintenance? Are there any known issues you’ve encountered? Where do you find the best parts or accessories?

Conclusion

I appreciate any feedback or experience you can share about the 2007 CVO Road King. Every bit helps, whether it’s regarding ownership experience, customization tips, or general advice before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance!

7 Likes

I’ve had my 2007 CVO Road King for over a year now and the riding experience is just fantastic. The acceleration is smooth and powerful, especially on open highways.

6 Likes

Absolutely! I love how it handles curves. It feels stable even at high speeds, which makes it perfect for long rides.

I’ve taken my Road King on several long-distance trips. It’s comfortable for hours of riding, but it’s heavy if you hit rough terrain. Just be cautious!

Great to hear! Have you tried it on the backroads? I found it handles gravel surprisingly well for a touring bike.

I concur with all the positive comments! The throttle response is quick, especially off the line. It outshines my old Softail in terms of performance.

That’s interesting! How do you find the Road King in city traffic? Is it as nimble as your Softail?

It’s decent in traffic but can be bulky. That said, I love the look and feel of the bike - definitely a head-turner at stoplights!

5 Likes

@joseph87 I totally agree! It’s like riding a piece of art. Anyone else think the sound of the exhaust adds to the overall experience?

Definitely! That deep rumble is addictive. It just completes the whole package for me.

My only complaint is the weight distribution. On tight turns, it can feel a bit off-balance, especially if you’re not used to such a heavy bike.

That’s true, but with time, it becomes easier. It’s much more forgiving than it seems at first!

Anyone here upgraded their suspension? I’ve been considering it to improve handling on bumpy roads.

I did that last year! It made a huge difference, especially on long rides. Highly recommend it!

Yep, I agree with @bwebb. It feels so planted now. But don’t forget to have fun! You can’t take life too seriously on a bike!

I’ve had my 2007 CVO Road King for a couple of years and love the aftermarket exhaust system I’ve installed. It really enhances the sound and performance! Anyone else made similar upgrades?

6 Likes

Absolutely! I added a stage 1 kit and the difference is phenomenal. It not only performed better, but it also gave it a more aggressive look. Definitely worth it!

If you’re thinking about accessories, I highly recommend a custom seat. It can make long rides way more comfortable. What type of seat are you using now?

I swapped out the original saddlebags for some leather ones I found online. They really elevate the style of the bike! Anyone else experimented with saddlebags?

I went with a more rugged look and added some hard-bodied ones. They provide so much more storage, plus they look cool with the bike’s chrome accents.