Looking for the Best Saddlebags for My Honda Super Cub!

Seeking Advice on Saddlebags for Honda Super Cub

I’m currently on the hunt for saddlebags specifically designed for my Honda Super Cub, and I could really use some help!

What I’m Looking For:

• Compatibility: I want to ensure the saddlebags fit perfectly on my Super Cub without any modifications. Are there any specific brands or models you recommend?
  • Storage Capacity: Ideally, I need something that can hold a decent amount of gear but doesn’t look bulky. Any suggestions on bags that strike that balance?
  • Durability: Since I plan on using the bike for short trips, I need saddlebags that can withstand various weather conditions. Have you had any experience with waterproof options?
  • Installation Tips: If anyone has installed saddlebags themselves, I would love to hear about the process and any tips you might have.

Additional Information:

I’m also open to any comparisons between popular brands. If you’ve tried out different saddlebags or if there’s a particular brand you swear by, please share your thoughts! Knowing your experiences will help me make a more informed decision.

Thanks in advance for your help! Looking forward to your recommendations and insights!

I’m currently using a set of leather saddlebags on my Super Cub. They not only look great but are also very spacious. Have you considered different materials like nylon or synthetic leather? They might offer better weather resistance!

I totally agree! Leather has that classic vibe, but I prefer something lighter. Have you checked out the smaller fabric options? They can be quite stylish and functional too!

Great points! I find that size matters. If you plan on long rides, larger saddlebags can be a real boon. I recently went for a 10L option that fits my essentials perfectly!

5 Likes

Absolutely! But be careful not to choose something too bulky. I’ve seen some that look massive on a Super Cub—totally defeats the purpose of its sleek design!

I actually found a great set of saddlebags made from waterproof nylon. Perfect for unpredictable weather! Plus, they come in vibrant colors that really pop on the bike.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! How do they attach? I wouldn’t want to struggle with installation every time I want to use them.

8 Likes

I love the idea of color! If you have a Honda Super Cub in a bright color, make sure your saddlebags complement the bike. It makes the whole setup more attractive.

I have a funny saddlebag story! I once tried to pack too much gear, and I ended up losing my lunch on the road. Remember to keep your weight balanced!

3 Likes

That’s hilarious! But also a good reminder to pack wisely. Nobody wants to be cleaning up spaghetti off the asphalt!

Does anyone have insights on storage features? Extra pockets or security features can be really handy, especially if you’re heading to crowded areas.

Looking for security features is key! I prefer saddlebags with lockable zippers. It’s an extra layer of peace when I park my Cub at a café.

8 Likes

Exactly! Just ensure you find a balance between usability and security. Sometimes, the simplest designs can really shine.

4 Likes

Looking for great saddlebags for the Honda Super Cub? I’ve used the Saddlemen Soft Bag series, and they fit perfectly. Just ensure you have some mounting brackets for stability!

Thanks for the recommendation! Do you think it requires any special tools for installation?

8 Likes

You only need basic tools: a wrench set, screwdriver, and some zip ties for secure installation. It’s quite straightforward, just a little time-consuming. Don’t forget to measure your space first!

Good to know! What challenges did you face while installing? Did the bags stay secure on bumpy rides?

Honestly, the main challenge was fitting them around the rearview setup. I had to adjust the straps a few times, but once secured, they’ve held up well even on rough roads!

Remember to check the bag load regularly! I’ve seen bags get loose over time. Maybe even use a bit of lock tight on the screws for extra security.

Great tip! How about the aesthetics? Do the saddlebags change the look of the Super Cub much?