Looking for the Best Custom Body Kit for My Ford Taurus

Seeking Advice on Custom Body Kits for Ford Taurus

Hey fellow car enthusiasts,

I’m diving deep into customizing my Ford Taurus and I’m specifically looking for some insights on body kits. I want to enhance the overall look while also keeping performance in mind if possible. There seems to be a ton of options out there, but I’m hoping to narrow it down to what’s actually worth it.

What I’m Looking For:

• Model Year: I’ve got a 2012 Taurus, so I’m focused on kits that fit this model.
  • Aesthetic Options: I’m open to all kinds of styles—aggressive, sporty, sleek. What do you guys recommend?
  • Performance Impact: I want something that looks great but will also have a positive impact on handling or performance. Are there any kits that are known for this?
  • Aftermarket Availability: Are there any particular brands or online stores that you trust for body kits? I’m looking for durability and quality since I want this to last.

Specific Questions:

• Installation: How hard is it to install these kits? Should I be doing this myself or should I get a professional involved?
  • Community Favorites: What are some body kits you’ve had experience with? Were they easy to source?

I really appreciate any feedback or advice you guys can share. Photos of your setups would also be awesome—always love to see the creativity in our community! Looking forward to your suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

tgray

1 Like

When selecting a custom body kit for your Ford Taurus, compatibility is key. Make sure the kit is designed specifically for your model year to avoid any fitting issues.

Absolutely! Also, consider your style preferences—are you going for a sporty look or something more aggressive?

8 Likes

Material type is also crucial! ABS plastic is popular for its durability and affordability, while fiberglass offers a more premium look but can be pricier.

Great point! I would add that choosing a lighter material can help with performance and handling.

That’s solid advice! Has anyone tried mixing and matching kits? I hear it can yield some unique looks!

Make sure to read reviews from other Taurus owners before making a purchase. It helps to know which kits are well-received and what specific issues they faced.

1 Like

Mixing and matching can be fun, but be careful! Not every piece will harmonize, which can lead to a cluttered look. Have a vision before diving in.

7 Likes

Exactly! A cohesive design always looks better in the long run. What’s everyone’s favorite style for the Taurus?

6 Likes

I personally love the aggressive sport look with wider fenders and a low front lip—it really turns heads on the road!

How about going for a classic clean look? Sometimes less is more, especially for a Taurus. Too much can look tacky.

True! I guess it really depends on personal preference and how wild you want to get with the mods!

What if we all decked out our Tauruses to the max? I’d love to see some gaudy kits—imagine the looks we’d get!

I’ve installed a custom body kit on my Ford Taurus, and the biggest challenge was alignment. Make sure to have a friend help you out; it makes a huge difference!

Great tip! I also struggled with alignment but found using clamps really helped hold everything in place during installation.

I had a custom kit on my Taurus, and one thing I wished I knew was to check for pre-drilled holes first. It can save you a ton of time!

Would fiberglass or polyurethane be better for a custom body kit? I’ve heard pros and cons for both, but I’d love to hear your experiences.

That’s such a good point! I ended up drilling several holes myself, which was a bit nerve-wracking.

I’ve used both. Fiberglass looks great, but it’s heavy and can crack if you’re not careful. Polyurethane is more flexible and durable, but it can be pricey.

1 Like

I agree with the flexibility of polyurethane! Just make sure to take good care of the paint; it can chip easily if you’re not cautious in the install.